Gap Fill: despite, even so, in order to, whereas, as a result of
Fill in the blanks with the following words. There may be more than one right answer.
as a result of despite even so in order to whereas
1. ___ ensure everything goes to plan, please read all instructions carefully.
2. ___ recent cutbacks, Marketing and Sales will be merged into one department.
3. Mary and Jeff feel we need to reduce personnel expenses, ___ I believe we should take more people on!
4. I agree with you about that; ___, I’m not going to approve it.
5. Valerie sent the report out, ___ my strict instructions not to.
1. In order to
2. As a result of
4. even so
“Image courtesy of iaodesign / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.