2 Minute Lessons
Fill in each gap with an appropriate phrasal verb. Don’t forget to conjugate the verb, and to place any objects (in parentheses) in the right place! There are two extra. E.g.: Bill _____ (his parents) by disobeying them. Answers: Bill let his parents down by disobeying them . / Bill let down his parents by […]
Fill in each gap with an appropriate phrasal verb. Don’t forget to conjugate the verb, and to place any objects (in parentheses) in the right place! There are two extra. E.g.: Bill _____ (his parents) by disobeying them. Answers: Bill let his parents down by disobeying them . / Bill let down his parents […]
Can you find and correct the typical errors in each sentence? Go! How do you call that in English? I don’t have a good day today. My work consist in doing many tasks. People in Colorado is very friendly. I’m going one week to Florence Answers: What do you call that in English? I’m not […]
Can you un-mix the words to create real sentences?
Ready, steady… go!
Fill in the blanks with the following words. There may be more than one right answer.
as a result of despite even so in order to whereas
1. ___ ensure everything goes to plan, please read all instructions carefully.
2. ___ recent cutbacks, Marketing and Sales will be merged into one department.
3. Mary and Jeff feel we need to reduce personnel expenses, ___ I believe we should take more people on!
4. I agree with you about that; ___, I’m not going to approve it.
5. Valerie sent the report out, ___ my strict instructions not to.
Prepositions: Fill in the gaps with the appropriate word
The Spanish language can be credited with the invention 1)___ two letters. The first, which is actually no longer used in Spanish itself, is the C-cedilla, the Ç. It was created to represent the sound of “ts” 2)___ Medieval Spanish, and it got its name from the diminutive of the Visigothic name for Z, “zeda”, due to the fact that the virgule underneath the C was originally a Z. However, 3)___ the “ts” evolved 4)___ either a “th” or an “s” sound, it was decided that the letter Ç was no longer necessary, so it was dropped in the 18th century. 5)___ that time, however, many other languages, including French and Portuguese, had already adopted it.
Word Order: Un-mix the words to create real sentences.
1. messed I up know I , but didn’t to I mean !
2. Bethany doesn’t but skiing loves her husband , .
3. Although French he really speak to tries , he can’t.
4. detective loves Olivia reading stories, and at does every so opportunity.
5. as as Do do I like much strawberries you ?