Confusing words: Half and middle
- Half refers to 50% of something:
– I had an apple. I cut it in two equal pieces, and gave one half to my sister and I ate the other half.
– I need half a kilo of ground beef to make my lasagna tonight.
– I’ve read half the book in only two days! It’s really good!
- Middle refers to the central part of something.
– I’m in the middle of doing a lesson right now.
– The three men in the photo are Jeremy on the left, Derek in the middle, and Ryan on the right.
– I made an ice cream sundae and put the cherry right in the middle.
Image courtesy of marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net