How to Learn English
- octubre 24, 2010
- Posted by: Joel
- Category: Learning Advice
Learning a language is a personal journey. Sure, you need a coach to point out areas to improve, correct mistakes and demonstrate proper pronunciation.But, then what?
Below is a list of ideas to help you optimize your English language acquisition.
- Study English for at least 5 minutes everyday
- Consciously think in English for 5 or 10 minutes various times a day
- Watch the news on television in English
- Watch MTV
- Read as much as possible
- Guess the meaning of words before looking them up
- Think about and practice corrected mistakes
- Learn phrases not just words
- Organize notes and keep an organized notebook
- Plan before writing
- Plan before speaking
- Have practice conversations in my head
- Keep a diary or a journal in English
- Watch videos online in English
- Record your own voice
- Practice pronunciation on your own
- Practice reading aloud
- Speak to foreigners in the street
- Use a monolingual dictionary
- Watch movies without reading subtitles
- Listen to music in English
- Find an email pal to write in English
Which of these ideas do you use? What works best for you? Do you have any more suggestions?
Let us know in the comments.