Reported speech review
- agosto 9, 2013
- Posted by: Joel
- Category: Grammar Verb Tenses Word Order
No hay comentarios
Read the following monologues. Then, report what was said below, using the verbs given. Keep in mind, these words were said one week ago!
Adele: “I had gone to the shop to buy just one dress, but this jacket was irresistible!”
Brian: “I’ve never enjoyed reading, but that book was excellent!”
Connie: “If I ever see Henry again, I don’t know what I’d do.”
David: “Marina told me she saw Tyler yesterday at the mall with Vinnie.”
Edwina: “Joe, don’t forget to buy some broccoli at the supermarket tonight!”
- Adele (state) _________, but (confess) ________.
- Brian (admit) _________, but (exclaim) ________.
- Connie (threaten) _______.
- David (whisper) ________.
- Edwina (remind) _________.
- Adele stated that she had gone to the shop to buy just one dress, but confessed (that) that jacket had been irresistible!
- Brian admitted that he’d never enjoyed reading, but exclaimed (that) that book had been excellent.
- Connie threatened that if she ever saw Henry again, she didn’t know what she would do.
- David whispered that Marina had told him that she had seen Tyler the day before at the mall with Vinnie.
- Edwina reminded Joe to buy some broccoli at the supermarket that night.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net