free english lessons
Can you un-mix the words to create real sentences?
Ready, steady… go!
Fill in the blanks with the following words. There may be more than one right answer.
as a result of despite even so in order to whereas
1. ___ ensure everything goes to plan, please read all instructions carefully.
2. ___ recent cutbacks, Marketing and Sales will be merged into one department.
3. Mary and Jeff feel we need to reduce personnel expenses, ___ I believe we should take more people on!
4. I agree with you about that; ___, I’m not going to approve it.
5. Valerie sent the report out, ___ my strict instructions not to.
Word Order: Un-mix the words to create real sentences.
1. messed I up know I , but didn’t to I mean !
2. Bethany doesn’t but skiing loves her husband , .
3. Although French he really speak to tries , he can’t.
4. detective loves Olivia reading stories, and at does every so opportunity.
5. as as Do do I like much strawberries you ?
Listen to the song and complete the gaps with the words you hear. Enjoy! It is an awesome song!
Well, I came home
Like a stone
And I fell heavy into your ______________
These days of dust
Which we’ve known
Will blow away with this ______________ sun
Read the text and choose the best option:
Well, Christmas 1) is coming up/will come up, and we 2) should all be thinking/should all think about how we’re going to celebrate such a wonderful event. Yes, I know, 3) we’ve been having/we’ve had the decorations up since September, but now that it’s less than a month away, we’re really going to have to focus!
James, earlier you 4) had said/used to say that we should really push the discounts this coming long weekend, and I have to agree with you. So 5) could/do you write me up a report about what should go on sale and for how much and 6) get/to get it back to me by tomorrow? …
Fix the mistake in each of the sentences: I can’t choose among the red one or the blue one. Jimmy wakes up at 5:30 all mornings–I don’t know how he does it! Believe me, that new Adam Sandler movie is not worth to watch. I don’t like chocolate. That’s because I always get flan for […]
Remember, these phrasal verbs are not “set + particle” but rather units, so learn them as such! Put these verbs in the correct sentence, conjugated as necessary. You may want to look these words up in a dictionary, as they may have secondary meanings! (Just like in that sentence: “look up” isn’t just “turn your […]