Typical Errors: Gerund/Infinitive
- Jenny isn’t used to write / to writing on a computer keyboard yet.
- Marvin and I love to swim / to swimming at the lake.
- You really must to stop / stop eating so much pizza—you’re putting on weight!
- George and Martha both stopped to smoke / smoking yesterday, and now they’re ready for a divorce!
- I’ll never get used to watch / watching Daniel Craig as Bond—for me, Bond will always be Sean Connery!
- To writing
- To swim
- Smoking (to smoke is possible, but it would mean that the two of them stopped what they were doing in order to have a ciggie).
Image courtesy of renjith krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net